What causes bad back pain?
- Strains: Overusing your back muscles can lead to them becoming strained, inflamed or even pulled ligaments. This will result in very painful back ache.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can hide itself in your lower back, which will cause discomfort and pain in the lower regions.
- Ruptured or bulging discs: Daily life and its activities can cause discs to rupture or bulge. The results of this act are severe bad back pain.
- Depression: Depression gives you a feeling of worthlessness, and causes your muscles to tense up, causing bad back pain.
- Smoking: Smoking tends to relax your muscles more, which may then lead to you over using them and resulting in pain in your back.
- Weight gain: The added pressure of increased weight will put a strain on your back.
- Stressful situation: when you are stressed your muscles tend to tense up. When your muscles become tense it can lead to bad back pain.
- Strenuous work: Overusing your muscles in your back as discussed above by strenuous work can place harm to your back.
- Gender: Men more than women tend to experience back pain.
There are many different methods of treatment for bad back pain. It is first recommended to try home treatments to see if you can be provided relief from those. If home treatment methods are unsuccessful then it may be time to see your doctor. One of the best things you can do before seeing your doctor is to make a list of all the symptoms you have been having. This will help your doctor to accurately diagnosis your bad back pain. A few additional methods of treatment include: